- This event has passed.
Open House Training on The Art of Software Design & Development, Mumbai, Pune & Bengaluru.
December 23, 2017 @10:00 am - 6:00 pm
23 December 2017 (10:00 AM to 6:00 PM)
Venue: Pride Hotel, Pune
Fees : Rs 7,500 Per Participant + Tax
Building software products and services is more an art. It requires skill as also a disciplined approach to build quality software. Many teams realize the pitfalls of the software they developed only well after it is in production when it is becomes painful to maintain. Building robust software has more to do with intention, understanding the wisdom behind it& of course implementation, rather than purely knowing the technology/tools.
This program gleans on some of the time tested wisdom accumulated over the years by designers and developers of successful operating systems, languages, tools as also people who have delivered good software products and services. The program also has many snippets of production code which would have rather been designed/written differently. That said it’s not about teaching OO programming, design patterns etc. It not only discusses about the best things to do, but also things one would rather avoid.
Who Should Attend this Course:
Developers, Senior Developers/Leads, QA Engineers/Leads, Tech Managers, Architects, VP’s**
Anyone who would like to build software
Pre – Requisites: :
- Familiarity with programming and operating systems
Key Program Takeaways:
Solid understanding of the software development principles& practices generally not found in textbooks
Content Outline :
- Style and conventions
- Naming, consistency, conventions, using good naming to improve clarity, syntax
- Goofing up code
- Logic, popular irritants, language semantics, readability, commenting
- Designing API’s
- Desirable characteristics, what to avoid, designing widely used and elegant API’s
- The Big deal on bugs, strategies, design for debugging, dealing with tough bugs/unreproducible bugs
- Testing culture, types of tests,common development mistakes to avoid, code automation, stress test, some common design cases for developers, good practices
- Measurement, tuning, guidelines for achieving speed, techniques for efficiency &proper resource usage
- Need, variety of environments, guidelines, union and intersection approach
Terms and Conditions:
InnoServ reserves the right to change the date, time and venue if required, the participants will be notified of the same at least two days before the event.
In Case the required nominations are not met, InnoServ reserves the right to cancel the event, This would be notified at least 4 days before and the registration amount will be refunded. The company will not be responsible for bookings related to travel/stay etc.